Our club is growing all the time and we’re always happy to accept new members. If you’re thinking about becoming a Harrier then the info below should answer some of the questions you might have.
Who can join?
- We welcome runners of all abilities; from complete beginners to seasoned athletes.
- We have a thriving junior section for kids nine years old and older.
- Our junior section can get very busy and there is usually a waiting list so to avoid being turned away please email us to check availability before bringing your child along to training.
- There is no upper age limit and we currently have active members who are in their eighties.
Can I come along and try?
- YES, before joining us every prospective member is allowed to come along to try our training sessions on a free trial period.
- Please email email@example.com before coming to training to check availability and avoid disappointment.
- The trial period will come to an end exactly 4 weeks after your first training session and you can come along as many times as you like during these 4 weeks.
Do I have to complete a form?
- YES, all prospective members must complete a Registration/ Membership form before attending a training session. This is so that we have full contact details and emergency information when you and/or your child are running with us.
- If you decide not to stay beyond the 4 week trial period please let us know and we will destroy your form and remove your details from our records.
- You can find blank forms at: greenockglenparkharriers.com. Once complete, your form should be emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost?
- If you decide that you would like to join, then the next step is to pay an annual subscription fee. This should be paid as soon as your free trial ends.
- Annual membership is usually £55 per member at the start of the season (September) and decreases gradually for new members joining later in the season.
- As a rule you will pay whatever fee applies exactly 4 weeks after your first training session (the end of your trial period).
- Membership subscription covers all training sessions, the use of club facilities and much more ….
When and how do I pay?
- Annual subscription should be paid no later than 1 week after the end of your trial period.
- The preferred method of payment is by bank transfer. Please email us for details of how to do this.
- You can also pass your fees directly to one of our coaches with cash or a cheque. If using this method please enclose the fees in a sealed envelope with the name of the member and the date of your payment marked clearly on the outside.
- Once we have acknowledged receipt of your form and your payment you will officially be a Harrier and be able to enjoy all the benefits that come with it.
Do you have a clubhouse?
- YES, it’s situated at the corner of Holmscroft Street and Brachelston Street across from the Orangefield Café.
- It’s equipped with male and female showers and changing facilities.
- It also has a range of cardio and strength training equipment.
Do you have organised training sessions?
- YES, we have regular sessions throughout the week for both juniors and adults.
- These are held at various times and at different locations; please check our “This weeks training” page for weekly updates.
What else do I need to know?
- One of the first things you will need is that famous vest. Club vests must be worn at all races. Our kit managers are regularly at our main training sessions and will be able offer advice on sizing etc.
- Members and parents/guardians of junior members can also join our private Facebook group which is regularly updated with details of training and events. Just send a joining request and we’ll get you added.
- If you have any further questions please send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.